Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Republican debate tonight...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asm0deus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: The Republican debate tonight... Reply with quote

Every single one of these characters politically assassinated themselves with the exception of Romney, who just doesn't have enough oomph to beat Obama in a straight run anyhow.

The number of explosive rants was both hilarious and disgusting... Jon Stewart's typical Demo-felching has at least a week's worth of comedy to feed upon.

...and here we thought the previous election-year selection of shit sandwiches was unappetizing.

So our 2012 choices are:
A. Pathetic incumbent who ran out of steam right after allowing the previous Congress run the show.
B. One of two holy rollers with nothing new to offer.
C. Rampant civil disorder.

Fuggit... I'm going to call the Dark Lord Cheney and see if he wants to run. Let's get Archdemon Rove to run the campaign, and Succubus Perino to run the traditional Press/PR (i.e., "Fuck You" as 85% of all answers). I don't like Republicans either, but I'm 100% pro-Evil.
enemigo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry is primed.

They were all tripping over themselves to look the most irresponsible, but even so, Huntsman came out looking the most reasonable, and that is precisely the reason he will lose.
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post, see below, and fuck the GOP while you're at it.

Last edited by Mr Sweet on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOP is a joke, which is especially sad considering I would totally vote for someone other than Obama since he has been a mediocre blue dog dem slash republican and can't negotiate for the life of him. Mediocrity vs idiocy, means mediocrity wins. Rick Perry is Bush Jr Jr, or rick pArry with an A, for America, for iowA. Seriously, the guy who was pushing for Texas to secede from the union is running for president? I guess if you can't leave em, join em, and hope they forget you tried to leave them and talked mad shit about them.

Bachman is a religious nutbag. The state of American politics has reached a new low point. When I heard a stage collapsed at a state fair today I was hoping it was the Iowa state fair at the straw poll, and maybe Randy Travis died in Michelle Bachman's arms tonight, it must have been something she said.

What the fuck is Ron Paul doing other than wasting space during debates? He needs to hire a communications director, and a press secretary.

Can we please get Kucinich to run again? At least he is for ending the wars and not sucking corporate cock. (oh wait, Romney says they are people too my friend). I can't wait for Romney to win the nomination and then finish his hazing by getting anally raped by lobbyists, just to push the point home.

Until the GOP stops sucking off the corporate tit, *AND* pandering to the religious fanatics/religious right, they have no chance to win unless they stick to their normal plan of lying, smear campaigns, and letting FAUX News do their thing. Since that will not happen and the Dems will still not grow a sack, we need a true third party and it isn't the Libertarian party since they all have a R next to their name and can't run with an L next to their name, because of a lack of backbone and principles.

Where are the real progressive candidates at? Because Obama isn't one of them. Bernie Sanders in 2012! Kucinich in 2012! Fucking Howard Dean in 2012, someone who cares about Americans and not their corporate overlords.....Let the flaming commence.
yossarian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“A poet once said,” Cain intoned during the debate, that “life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it’s never easy when there’s so much on the line.”

Uh, yeah. "A poet", otherwise known as the theme song from Pokemon...

Apparently he's been using the quote for years.
enemigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Sweet wrote:
Can we please get Kucinich to run again?

So Ron Paul is just wasting space, but you want Kucinich to run again?

Kucinich has less of a chance of winning than Lyndon LaRouche.
enemigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yossarian wrote:
Quote:
“A poet once said,” Cain intoned during the debate, that “life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, but it’s never easy when there’s so much on the line.”

Uh, yeah. "A poet", otherwise known as the theme song from Pokemon...

Apparently he's been using the quote for years.

Why does this not surprise me?
enemigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and T-Paw drops out. I wish all the others who have absolutely no chance at taking the nomination would throw in the towel too.
Jason G

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a sad, sad state of affairs. As liberal as I am, I would consider voting for a moderate republican. But there's no such thing anymore, so I'm with Sweet, mediocrity over crazy.

Mr Sweet wrote:
Rick Perry is Bush Jr Jr

Great name! Smile This guy is all swagger and haircut, and jesus christ, I don't think I could take another 8 years of Texas rule. Plus he's got the jesus virus, holy shit, last weekend he was running the prayerfest at the Astrodome, they were praying for the economy to get better. This scares the shit out of me. What's next? I want a voodoo practitioner cutting the heads off chickens and shit. I might actually like that better than the jesusfest.

That Bachmann is even taken remotely seriously shows how bad things have gotten in this country. One of her senior advisers who recently quit the campaign said he couldn't take it anymore, that her lying -- and refusal to alter grossly untrue statements -- was the key reason he had to leave. Example: she keeps saying that Prez O has run up the debt more than all other presidents combined, which is not even close to a true statement. When this adviser informed her of her factually incorrect statement, she flatly refused to stop using that line. Why not? The people she speaks to are in no way interested in facts. I do like that she has the closeted gay husband, that will provide tons of fodder for SNL. Smile

Whatever happens with the presidency, Congress is 10x worse. I wish they would all be patriots and not run again. Seriously, they should all go, with a few exceptions -- Kucinich and Al Franken can stay, I don't really see any others who are serving their constituency instead of sucking "the corporate cock", again, nice one Sweet.

The final nail in all these fucktards collective coffins came when they all raised their hands saying they would refuse any budget deals that raised taxes at all, even if the deal offered 10 to 1 budget cuts over tax increases. That's simply insane, uncle Ronny would climb out of his grave to sign a deal that good, but no, not these idiots, they must remain ideologically pure for... What? Will jesus not accept them into heaven unless they pledge to Grover Norquist not to raise taxes under any circumstances? Tax rates are lower than they've been in 60 fucking years, get over yourselves, taxes will have to be raised a bit, and spending will have to be cut by a lot more. Simple truth, no one on the right wants to say it because their base is now so far right as to be comical.
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enemigo wrote:
Mr Sweet wrote:
Can we please get Kucinich to run again?

So Ron Paul is just wasting space, but you want Kucinich to run again?

Kucinich has less of a chance of winning than Lyndon LaRouche.

Hell Ron Paul got 27% to Bachman's 28%. If Paul can get that with horrible PR, then Kucinich could do the same. Unfortunately no one will challenge Obama. Also if crazies like Bachman can win a vote buying popularity contest, then so could Kucinich, at least to inject some sanity into the debate. None of the GOPers besides Ron Paul has even said anything about ending the wars.
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall positive article, but this part bothers me:

Quote:
"I believe in a very limited role for government. But the prime reason that government exists in a free society is to protect liberty, but also to protect life. And I mean all life," he told a raucous crowd on Saturday.

"You cannot have relative value for life and deal with that. We cannot play God and make those decisions. All life is precious," he said, opening his remarks with an anti-abortion appeal to the social conservatives who have great sway here in Iowa's leadoff caucuses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/15/ron-paul-fringe-candidate-shaping-2012-race_n_926947.html
Asm0deus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason G wrote:
Whatever happens with the presidency, Congress is 10x worse. I wish they would all be patriots and not run again.

I wanted to make sure this gem didn't get lost in the thread... This is something that I think everyone can agree upon.

Back to the original topic...
As I stated above, Rick Perry is the Dems' best chance of winning again next year.
enemigo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier
jkfunkee___

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a another lay down by the right...bush 2.0 will be allowed to run the country into the ground as the the republicrats help.
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enemigo wrote:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier

Wait, Faux News isn't fair and balanced and seems to have an agenda, NO WAY, GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Jon Stewart with his liberal bias supporting Ron Paul *sigh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: