Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Trump?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transponder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he's a hit with the ladies! (Except Whoopi lol)

Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVPuJpJYjfQ
enemigo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently Obama's grandparents snuck a false birth announcement into Hawaiian newspapers because they wanted him to be a US citizen so that he'd be eligible for welfare.
shlee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by shlee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
transponder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enemigo wrote:
apparently Obama's grandparents snuck a false birth announcement into Hawaiian newspapers because they wanted him to be a US citizen so that he'd be eligible for welfare.

Personally I don't believe Obama was born in an actual hospital given his mother's penchant for the avant garde. I think his mother simply registered his birth in Hawaii on the downlow after he was born to protect herself and his father. I think Hawaii makes perfect sense for a radical woman to have what 1961 American mainland society would label as an "illegitimate mixed race child" since the majority of people on the island then were non-whites. Plus, there's absolutely ZERO evidence that his mother ever went to Kenya. Why the fuck would she go there anyway? To have some tea and crumpets with Obama Sr's other wife and kid? Even for a radical it just doesn't add up. Especially considering her own family lived in Hawaii and likely helped her cover her tracks of an illegitimate family so she could finish her schooling without a lot of opposition.

I think it's just an embarrassing situation for the President that a lot of people don't want to talk about cause it's not like he was conceived by June and Ward Cleaver. And Trump is just being a bully by pushing the envelope but I wish he'd let it go cause there's probably 100 other ways to beat him in an election.
shlee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by shlee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jkfunkee___

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taken from another forum:

by slamminshaun on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am
Re: Obama's First Campaign Ad for 2012 - Very Uplifting

I've honestly never considered the birth certificate stuff before. I always came at it from the position that if anyone would have exposed him as ineligible, it would have been Hillary Clinton. She has more people digging into people's pasts than anyone in politics. But as someone with experience in the differences in birth certificates, Trump's questions on TV this morning were intriguing, especially the so-called birth certificate they showed as part of the segment.

Why do I call it "so-called"? When I applied for my UK passport/citizenship, I had to prove that my father was born in the UK and prove that he's my biological father (as opposed to adoptive father). This is done with a birth certificate. When I sent them my "certificate of live birth" (same thing, right?) from the State of Texas, the UK rejected it. Instead, they required a "long-form, original birth certificate certified within three months of birth". The reasons they gave me were simple. Anyone can get a certificate of live birth in the United States with the right attorneys, but only true, biological son of my father's would be able to provide what they asked for.

Put another way, the UK wanted me to prove that I wasn't adopted, that I was indeed British blood. They would not accept certificates of live birth because, according to the UK consulate, a 10 year old child who is adopted by a UK citizen could easily have one made up for legal purposes. No biggie, since I do have my original, long-form birth certificate certified a few weeks after I was born. Once I sent that in, I proved my case, and received my UK passport. Quick, simple, easy.

So seeing Obama's "certificate of live birth" on TV this morning, and hearing them call it a "birth certificate", did give me a good laugh. It's definitely not the same. As the UK consulate informed me, anyone can get one of those.

Like it or not, fair or unfair, there are a lot of people in this country that have doubts about his eligibility for office, and since he's a public servant, he should squash it once and for all. Make Trump and everyone else claiming he's Kenyan look like chumps. It's very easy to make everyone look stupid and eat their words. Simply provide the long-form, original birth certificate dated within three months of his birth, just like I did. What's the big deal?
transponder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did supply and demand forces become rendered obsolete?

Now all that matters is how many naked contracts can the brokers supply Wall St. before they get a margin call on a speculation bubble.

Trump was the first guy I heard almost 3 years ago call bullshit on the idea of limited supply. The Saudis aren't lying according to his comments on $150/barrel some time ago. And now, AGAIN, it appears there's plenty of excess oil floating around above the ground. Granted there's a heightened risk of geopolitical turmoil in the Middle East atm, but at a comparable rate shouldn't we be paying a few dollars more for video games and computer electronics coming out of Japan now that their supply chain has been interrupted? Has anyone noticed if Wal-Mart has raised their prices in the electronics dept since March??

The whole oil futures trade just stinks to high hell and I wish there was one motherfucker on this earth to call himself an American that would do something about it. If you don't have the shares or LEGITIMATE margin, you don't write the option. If you don't have CASH RESERVES, your business has NO business extending credit beyond it's means. If you don't have the oil (which I concede might be exactly what banks that leftover from the crash are doing now; i.e. BUYING UP as much oil as they can store while driving prices up, in effect making a market),..erm but from a 2008 perspective if you don't have the oil or any legitimate access to oil you shouldn't be allowed to write the contract anyway and make-off like Madoff with a commission while the government and the Fed foot the bill after the bubble bursts!! This is EXACTLY the type of naked contract for America that George W Bush promoted and now his successor is every bit as much of a failure on correcting these points imo.

President Trump are you listening??

I'm very anxious to see any comments he makes on this headline. I hope he can maintain his ground. As it turns out, the banks don't just increase fees to make cash. They also store a significant amount of US consumers' oil in their tanks. And then they bleed you to death for it. Imo it's pretty much a welfare bailout for the refining sector of our beloved Oil and Gas Industry.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/17/us-saudi-oil-idUSTRE73G14020110417

Quote:

Saudi slashes oil output, says market oversupplied

By Amena Bakr and Reem Shamseddine

KUWAIT | Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:04pm EDT

KUWAIT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's oil minister said on Sunday the kingdom had slashed output by 800,000 barrels per day in March due to oversupply, sending the strongest signal yet that OPEC will not act to quell soaring prices.

Consumers have urged the exporters' group to pump more crude to put a cap on oil, which surged to more than $127 a barrel this month, its highest level in 2 1/2 years amid unrest in North Africa and the Middle East.

Oil Ministers from Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates echoed Saudi Arabia's Ali al-Naimi's concerns about oversupply and said rocketing crude prices were out of the hands of OPEC, which next meets in June.

"The market is overbalanced ... Our production in February was 9.125 million barrels per day (bpd), in March it was 8.292 million bpd. In April we don't know yet, probably a little higher than March. The reason I gave you these numbers is to show you that the market is oversupplied," Naimi told reporters.

Two Saudi-based industry sources told Reuters last week the kingdom had cut output due to poor demand, prompting selling by traders who saw it as a sign of a well-supplied market.

But crude rebounded later in the week on optimism about the state of the U.S. economy.

Naimi's words are the clearest indication yet that OPEC is unconvinced there is a need for more oil despite the civil war that has slashed Libyan output and expectations Japanese demand will rise as it scrambles to rebuild its earthquake-shattered electricity grid.

"These statements underscore the breadth of the security premium currently in (oil) prices. Overall supplies are sufficient," said John Kilduff of energy hedge fund Again Capital. "As we've seen in the past, however, a well-supplied market is not always a barrier to very high prices."

IEA: MARKET TIGHTENING

Naimi, who has previously spoken of $70 to $80 a barrel as a desirable range for crude, declined to comment on the price.

Oil prices fell early last week on concern that demand may be eroding under pressure from high prices, but rebounded on Friday following encouraging U.S. economic data.

Nobuo Tanaka, the head of the International Energy Agency, which represents oil importers' interests, stopped short of saying OPEC needed to boost output, but suggested the group be more flexible in its thinking about supply.

"The market is getting tighter and if it is tighter the price may go up, which may have a negative impact to economic growth," Tanaka told reporters.

OPEC last formally discussed output policy in December and is not scheduled to do so again until June. Members have ruled out holding an emergency meeting before then.

Unrest in North Africa and the Middle East has left Saudi Arabia and other Gulf nations nervous of political instability and of a sharp fall in oil prices that could lead to a fiscal crunch while populations are restive.

The kingdom promised nearly $93 billion in handouts to its citizens in the wake of the wave of unrest that swept the Arab world this spring, making a sharp fall in oil prices a major risk for its budget.

Saudi Arabia and some other OPEC members unilaterally boosted oil production after the March uprising against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi shut down the bulk of the North African OPEC member's oil industry but weak demand for the additional production appears to have prompted the reduction in output.

Naimi said Saudi Arabia had sold 2 million barrels of a special blend of crude that tried to replicate the high quality Libyan barrels lost. Demand for the blend has been tepid, according to oil traders.

Kuwait may also have reduced output from the 2.42 million bpd analysts and oil traders estimated it pumped in March.

The Gulf state's Oil Minister Sheikh Ahmad al-Abdullah al-Sabah told reporters Kuwait was currently producing 2.2 million bpd but did not say whether output had been reduced.
shlee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by shlee on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
transponder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shlee wrote:
transponder wrote:

The whole oil futures trade just stinks to high hell and I wish there was one motherfucker on this earth to call himself an American that would do something about it.

Shocked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGvybCr6AM

Trust me. I thoroughly understand the relationship between the dollar and the green effect on American corporations that benefit from dollar destruction as exporters of any number of commodities.

However, if the relationship between oil prices were directly correlated to the value of the dollar, the dollar would've lost 30% of it's value just in the last two months. What is actually happening is that "re-pricing" of strategic assets running amuck within the deregulated Wild West speculative market is hurting us just as Ben Bernanke's Fed policies are hurting us.

I say again Ron Paul is a courageous American hero imo, but he is unelectable with an Anti-Fed policy. Not saying I agree with Fed policy, just saying the Fed's job is to bail everybody out including our government, so to campaign on a platform of removing the Fed is not going to win you an election.
transponder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shlee wrote:

Saudi Arabia eyes renewable energy shift to retain oil hold

There's a great scene in Syriana where Matt Damon's character is trying to explain to the Prince of the "Kingdom" how they are squandering the world's greatest natural resource because they can't reel in their spending on luxury.

I tend to agree. The Saudis racked up so much debt in the financial crisis they'll be putting out articles like this for years to come to attract investment for suckers who buy hope. Just like we do.
transponder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shlee wrote:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-22-2011/back-in-black---trump-2012

Funny!

And yes I do agree with most of it! But that's what intrigues me about Trump. Smile
enemigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transponder wrote:
Personally I don't believe Obama was born in an actual hospital given his mother's penchant for the avant garde.

just a hunch?

transponder wrote:
I think his mother simply registered his birth in Hawaii on the downlow after he was born to protect herself and his father.

protect them from what? and how exactly did she register his birth "on the downlow"?

transponder wrote:
Especially considering her own family lived in Hawaii and likely helped her cover her tracks of an illegitimate family so she could finish her schooling without a lot of opposition.

how was it an illegitimate family and why did her tracks need covering?
enemigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkfunkee___ wrote:
taken from another forum:

by slamminshaun on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am
Re: Obama's First Campaign Ad for 2012 - Very Uplifting

I've honestly never considered the birth certificate stuff before. I always came at it from the position that if anyone would have exposed him as ineligible, it would have been Hillary Clinton. She has more people digging into people's pasts than anyone in politics. But as someone with experience in the differences in birth certificates, Trump's questions on TV this morning were intriguing, especially the so-called birth certificate they showed as part of the segment.

Why do I call it "so-called"? When I applied for my UK passport/citizenship, I had to prove that my father was born in the UK and prove that he's my biological father (as opposed to adoptive father). This is done with a birth certificate. When I sent them my "certificate of live birth" (same thing, right?) from the State of Texas, the UK rejected it. Instead, they required a "long-form, original birth certificate certified within three months of birth". The reasons they gave me were simple. Anyone can get a certificate of live birth in the United States with the right attorneys, but only true, biological son of my father's would be able to provide what they asked for.

Put another way, the UK wanted me to prove that I wasn't adopted, that I was indeed British blood. They would not accept certificates of live birth because, according to the UK consulate, a 10 year old child who is adopted by a UK citizen could easily have one made up for legal purposes. No biggie, since I do have my original, long-form birth certificate certified a few weeks after I was born. Once I sent that in, I proved my case, and received my UK passport. Quick, simple, easy.

So seeing Obama's "certificate of live birth" on TV this morning, and hearing them call it a "birth certificate", did give me a good laugh. It's definitely not the same. As the UK consulate informed me, anyone can get one of those.

Like it or not, fair or unfair, there are a lot of people in this country that have doubts about his eligibility for office, and since he's a public servant, he should squash it once and for all. Make Trump and everyone else claiming he's Kenyan look like chumps. It's very easy to make everyone look stupid and eat their words. Simply provide the long-form, original birth certificate dated within three months of his birth, just like I did. What's the big deal?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42519951/ns/politics-more_politics/?gt1=43001
Quote:
As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

[. . .]

Moreover, she added, her boss at the time, Lingle — who was backing John McCain for president — would presumably have to be in on any cover up since Fukino made her public comment at the governor's office's request. "Why would a Republican governor — who was stumping for the other guy — hold out on a big secret?" she asked.

[. . .]

But Wisch, the spokesman for the attorney general's office, said state law does not in fact permit the release of "vital records," including an original "record of live birth" — even to the individual whose birth it records.

"It's a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody," he said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.

But if he or anybody else wanted a copy of their birth records, they would be told to fill out the appropriate state form and receive back the same computer generated "certification of live birth" form that everybody else gets — which is exactly what Obama did four years ago.

Its all an elaborate conspiracy, begun in the early '60s to make Obama a "Natural Born" citizen so that he could one day be president (he'd be a US citizen regardless).
enemigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone watch this and seriously tell me that this man is fit to be president?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42663336#42658437

lewis black put it best: crazy third world dictator.
Mr Sweet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha, jokes over, renew your tv show and stfu...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: