Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another pit bull attack...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
transponder



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 5890
Location: Erotic City

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Another pit bull attack... Reply with quote

Just another reminder for pit bull owners that I don't call animal control. I call Smith and Wesson.


Quote:
Boy attacked by neighbor’s pit bulls

By Joe Johnson | Athens Banner-Herald | Story updated at 1:57 pm on 6/12/2009


A trio of pit bulls mauled a 13-year-old this afternoon at an eastside apartment complex.

The teen was returning to his home from the basketball court at Willow Mist apartments on Seagraves Drive at about 12:15 p.m. when a pit bull apparently jumped through the screen window of a neighbor’s apartment, Athens-Clarke police said.

The teen tried to run, but the dog knocked him to the ground and bit his face, abdomen and legs, according to police.

Two smaller pit bulls ran from the same apartment and joined the attack.

“The boy tried to outrun them, but they caught him and tackled him,” police Lt. Keith Morris said. “They just mauled him.”

The teen managed to escape to his apartment, where someone called the police.

“It’s the worst dog attack I’ve seen in my 26 years,” Senior Police Officer Charlie Snyder said.

The teen was taken to Athens Regional Medical Center for treatment.

The dogs’ owner was not home at the time, and police haven’t decided whether to file criminal charges.

Athens-Clarke Animal Control officers took custody of the smaller pit bulls but continue to search for the larger dog that initiated the attack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aquatechnic



Joined: 16 Apr 2003
Posts: 4150
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha. I have one and she is the sweetest thing ever. The only time I've seen her get rough is when another dog striaght up attacks her. But yes I don't care what dog did that, they would be having a meeting with my boom stick as well. Fuck animal control in a situation like that.
_________________
Corey Von Waters
Decibel Ent.
Oliver Huntemann @ Halo Lounge 6-29-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transa firma



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 11063
Location: Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, Basement Level

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

|
|

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/16_Dogs_Seized_in_Raid_Face_Euthanasia_061609
_________________
´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸·¸<º))))><
`·.¸¸.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸·¸><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djy



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 3930
Location: Behind the decks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simenau



Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 1308
Location: up yer nose with a rubber hose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djy wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?


More importantly, are you two about to agree on something??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djy wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?



It's the media....because Obama hates pitbulls and the media loves Obama. Guessing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djy wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?


from what I read a few years ago...Pits have a natural instinct to keep attacking...to keep biting(or keep latched) whereas other dogs have the instinct to bite and back off a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simenau wrote:
djy wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?


More importantly, are you two about to agree on something??



shh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transa firma



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 11063
Location: Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, Basement Level

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

|
|

spoken like someone whos never tried to separate two dogs in the midst of tearing each other apart ( : nature accounts for maybe half to two-third. nurture takes care of the rest.

Thesouphead wrote:
whereas other dogs have the instinct to bite and back off a little.

_________________
´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸·¸<º))))><
`·.¸¸.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸·¸><((((º>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djy



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 3930
Location: Behind the decks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:


from what I read a few years ago...Pits have a natural instinct to keep attacking...to keep biting(or keep latched) whereas other dogs have the instinct to bite and back off a little.


Thesouphead wrote:
It's the media....because Obama hates pitbulls and the media loves Obama. Guessing.


are you a pitbull? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djy



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 3930
Location: Behind the decks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simenau wrote:
djy wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
Aquatechnic wrote:
Pit's are the nicest dogs in the world if they're raised right brotha.


Lions and Tigers can be very nice if raised right as well...doesn't mean that their isn't a natural instinct to chew on your brain.


Why is it that there are a disproportionally high number of pitbull attacks?
Or is it that we just hear more about them because they are much worse than poodle attacks?


More importantly, are you two about to agree on something??


For once, Soup stumbled on to the correct side of the issue...: Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marklipp



Joined: 05 Jun 2003
Posts: 578
Location: the FLA no more

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry soup but you're wrong. a large percentage of people who should never own an animal have pitpulls and are raised to be aggressive. if you sat on a chain in the backyard all day you'd be pissed most of the time too. you don't hear about poodle attacks because 99% of their owners take the time to be good parents. it's pretty simple. dogs can't choose their owners.

"are pittbulls naturally aggressive" put it in google. i gaurantee you will see almost all posts or article say no. maybe towards other dogs, but that's a terrier thing. the craziest dog i've ever seen is a yorkie. if they were bigger vick woulda been all over them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklipp wrote:
sorry soup but you're wrong.


agreed with mark here, the pit agro-gene is just an old wife's tale
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transponder



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 5890
Location: Erotic City

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot add events in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 
home  |  features  |  events  |  reviews  |  dj charts  |  forum  |  my lunar  |  links  |  about us  |  contact