Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why the F does Lunar even have anything but a forum anymore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Lunar Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liquified

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brett wrote:
CRM wrote:
what is the owner's email? maybe they would respond if everyone sent an email on the subject on the same day?

liftoff@lunarmagazine.com

so who is the mysterious owner of the site brett?
brett

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquified wrote:
brett wrote:
CRM wrote:
what is the owner's email? maybe they would respond if everyone sent an email on the subject on the same day?

so who is the mysterious owner of the site brett?

I promised to keep the owner's identity anonymous when I was asked to be editor of Lunar years ago. But if the site remains static and the content that's been on the front page for 3 or 4 year isn't removed, I may have to spill the beans. If the owner doesn't want this to happen, all he/she must do is simply PM or email me to discuss this issue.

BUT before resorting to that, I would like everyone to join in an email campaign to liftoff@lunarmagazine.com as Cobradoll suggested. Hopefully if enough people voice their discontent, things will be updated...
matt.s

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is, this site does NOT have to be so busted. there are plenty of folks that would love to contribute to this site. writers, musicians tons of programmers, we could change the horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE plum color etc.

it just sucks that those of who come hear on a regular basis have to dumb down their/our standards. we are a community that is connected though music yes, but also because of this shithole of a forum. what drives me crazy is that we all complain about this place but no one has ever tried to leave. i think if we don't get the owner to clean this site up we should sign a petition to boycott lunar and start our own but really do it. i'm sure lunarmagazine.net is open and we deserve a better place to play.

anyhow, let's set a firm date to get some action from this guy and if we don't let's roll. there is absolutely no reason to stay if the owner so obviously does not care about our opinions.

Evil or Very Mad
mwooddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRM wrote:
brett wrote:
CRM wrote:

thanks brett...

who is on board? let's set a date and everyone email them on the same day? would it make a difference? idk but it has a better chance than one or two of us a month apart sending lone emails i think

i'm on board. i'm switching ISPs at the moment so i haven't been online as much in past week, but i'm down. i hit up somebody, can't remember, about managing the calendar so that events could get posted and organized accordingly.

i'm not sure what all can be done with this phpBB forum as far as design and space, but i'm willing to continue maintaining the board for the very thing that brings us all here in the first place: the music
matt.s

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thank god for the moby south side ad on the front page. i almost let that one slip by w/o buying it and it's very rare.
transponder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want is the ability to embed YouTube vids in our posts. Show me that site and I'm there.
cobradoll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could have UPDATED party pics, reviews
I always see great pix from the mjq parties etc, why not?
soooo much is happening in ATL now
dubstep, electro-pop, techno, some D&B still, houseeeee, trance
RA doesn't really do the ATL justice does it?

maybe even some mixes from the locals and putting peoples' radio shows up in events as well

who knows what else could happen!

http://www.twitter.com/cobradoll
http://www.cobradoll.com
VJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt.s wrote:
i think if we don't get the owner to clean this site up we should sign a petition to boycott lunar and start our own but really do it. i'm sure lunarmagazine.net is open and we deserve a better place to play.

anyhow, let's set a firm date to get some action from this guy and if we don't let's roll. there is absolutely no reason to stay if the owner so obviously does not care about our opinions.

Evil or Very Mad

Hah. This idea comes up every so often here...and we are lazy ravers. I like this forum just fine as it is. Smile
cobradoll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing wrong with the forum, it's the website duh!

Vincent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt.s wrote:
we deserve a better place to play.

why ? What has anybody done on here which would make them "deserve" a better place ? Also, what has anybody done here which would require a better place ?

cobradoll wrote:
maybe even some mixes from the locals and putting peoples' radio shows up in events as well

don't people already do that by posting links ? I'd say at least 75% of the content of this forum is either an ad for a club night or a link to somebody's mix.

Sabrina started this site years and years ago when the whole Atlanta scene was completely different. It wasn't about clubs at that time. It was all about parties. This site served a really cool purpose by letting others know what was up & where to find it. Before that, there wasn't much else besides SERaves usenet group. People also came on here & socialized with others about an upcoming party (or a party that went on last weekend) - and those discussions weren't just about a DJ's set & what tracks were played. The conversations were much more social-oriented. Anybody who was on here at the time knows what I'm talking about.

But the site had higher ambitions than simply being a more intuitive SERaves, and people volunteered their time to write articles and reviews for it. Some people enjoyed coming on here to read those articles, and would discuss them in the forum. But once those writers moved on there weren't any others who filled that void by writing for the site. There's nothing wrong with that. That's just how it goes.

These days there isn't too much in depth or truly social conversation going on here. Most people who would actually socialize on here have moved on, either physically or just to other sites which are populated by others who have a more common interest with them. Now the site essentially just serves as a billboard for promoters and DJs. There's also nothing wrong with that. The site still serves a purpose.

But as far as I can see there isn't exactly too much willingness by any of the people who frequent the site to do much more than that. So if you truly feel everybody on here "deserves" more than you should just go ahead & use your own time, energy, and money to start a new site which includes more.

But until then don't act as though there is a person or organization which is obligated to keep the site full of more updated content. The site is free. Be happy it exists at all.

v
Tektron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Offer to purchase Reply with quote

I have just emailed: liftoff@lunarmagazine.com and offered to purchase the site from him. If someone does know him in person can you please either email me or call me? Steven@flashpointgroup.com and cell: 678.923.9402.

With the way our scene is picking back up, i have no problem making a small investment if we can put together a serious team to manage and maintain the site. I have no interest in handling those duties myself and am looking to just give the site a new home and a fresh start.

That being said I am a businessman and am not going to fund a sinking ship. If you people are serious about wanting to take the helm get in touch with me and we can make it happen.

Initial thoughts, include having staff photographers at events again, setting up a blog for the front page and run it like a true online property. Add a flyer archive, as well as links and interviews to locals and live sets and a decent events calendar that stays updated.

When lunar was in its heyday it was a much different beast to keep a website updated and on the leading edge. Now a days most duties can either be automated and or managed with on a small amount of time needed.

As far as im concerned the forum wouldnt change much at all. I am looking for lunar to once again be a standard for any one visiting the city to reference as far as our scene and events go.

Steven.
mwooddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobradoll wrote:

some of us are trying...i wish others would use this. i upload all of my events, and make sure any one i am attending is on there. RA is a way for our shows to reach out to people who come visit Atlanta...we actually do have tourists Wink
cobradoll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inferno wrote:
cobradoll wrote:

some of us are trying...i wish others would use this. i upload all of my events, and make sure any one i am attending is on there. RA is a way for our shows to reach out to people who come visit Atlanta...we actually do have tourists Wink

keep it commingggggg & visit england Razz

matt.s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent wrote:
matt.s wrote:
we deserve a better place to play.

why ? What has anybody done on here which would make them "deserve" a better place ? Also, what has anybody done here which would require a better place ?

cobradoll wrote:

don't people already do that by posting links ? I'd say at least 75% of the content of this forum is either an ad for a club night or a link to somebody's mix.

Sabrina started this site years and years ago when the whole Atlanta scene was completely different. It wasn't about clubs at that time. It was all about parties. This site served a really cool purpose by letting others know what was up & where to find it. Before that, there wasn't much else besides SERaves usenet group. People also came on here & socialized with others about an upcoming party (or a party that went on last weekend) - and those discussions weren't just about a DJ's set & what tracks were played. The conversations were much more social-oriented. Anybody who was on here at the time knows what I'm talking about.

But the site had higher ambitions than simply being a more intuitive SERaves, and people volunteered their time to write articles and reviews for it. Some people enjoyed coming on here to read those articles, and would discuss them in the forum. But once those writers moved on there weren't any others who filled that void by writing for the site. There's nothing wrong with that. That's just how it goes.

These days there isn't too much in depth or truly social conversation going on here. Most people who would actually socialize on here have moved on, either physically or just to other sites which are populated by others who have a more common interest with them. Now the site essentially just serves as a billboard for promoters and DJs. There's also nothing wrong with that. The site still serves a purpose.

But as far as I can see there isn't exactly too much willingness by any of the people who frequent the site to do much more than that. So if you truly feel everybody on here "deserves" more than you should just go ahead & use your own time, energy, and money to start a new site which includes more.

But until then don't act as though there is a person or organization which is obligated to keep the site full of more updated content. The site is free. Be happy it exists at all.

v

what a perfectly lethargic and uninspiring point of view.
cobradoll

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't it!!! very uninspiring. boo.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Lunar Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: