Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The First Act: Light of Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
im just not down for his self promotion, he is a politician plain and simple. edicts like this are designed to influence the masses, not affect change.



so this is simply just Obama running for 2012?



what about the news that came out yesterday and is coming out today....about him closing down the so-called secret prisons and torture camps?

trying to close down GITMO.


that would be change would it not?


say what u want...but that shit clearly has worked. has the homeland been attacked by "terrorist" again? it's a war of cultures/religion with no real end, your man is on board leading the charge into afghanistan bro. and 2 ur further point bout the year of all years (a nod to our reality sandwich brethren) a 1st termers top priority is re-election soupy. the prisoners? that's what the hague is for, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court ) present a case agin em, let the chips fall where they may.


the shit clearly has worked?



how do you know?



how do you know it wasn't new episodes of the Office that kept us safe......from what I can tell, ever since the Office has been on tv, we have not been attacked........thank you Dwight Schrute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


way to dodge the question soup, did u learn it from huffington?

ps-the new rules lasted what, a week? : http://fcw.com/articles/2009/01/22/pogo-urges-lynn-withdrawal.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
im just not down for his self promotion, he is a politician plain and simple. edicts like this are designed to influence the masses, not affect change.



so this is simply just Obama running for 2012?



what about the news that came out yesterday and is coming out today....about him closing down the so-called secret prisons and torture camps?

trying to close down GITMO.


that would be change would it not?


say what u want...but that shit clearly has worked. has the homeland been attacked by "terrorist" again? it's a war of cultures/religion with no real end, your man is on board leading the charge into afghanistan bro. and 2 ur further point bout the year of all years (a nod to our reality sandwich brethren) a 1st termers top priority is re-election soupy. the prisoners? that's what the hague is for, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court ) present a case agin em, let the chips fall where they may.


the shit clearly has worked?



how do you know?



how do you know it wasn't new episodes of the Office that kept us safe......from what I can tell, ever since the Office has been on tv, we have not been attacked........thank you Dwight Schrute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


way to dodge the question soup, did u learn it from huffington?

ps-the new rules lasted what, a week? : http://fcw.com/articles/2009/01/22/pogo-urges-lynn-withdrawal.aspx





we were attacked again.

32 plus people killed at Virgina Tech......strange how Gitmo didn't stop that isn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
im just not down for his self promotion, he is a politician plain and simple. edicts like this are designed to influence the masses, not affect change.



so this is simply just Obama running for 2012?



what about the news that came out yesterday and is coming out today....about him closing down the so-called secret prisons and torture camps?

trying to close down GITMO.


that would be change would it not?


say what u want...but that shit clearly has worked. has the homeland been attacked by "terrorist" again? it's a war of cultures/religion with no real end, your man is on board leading the charge into afghanistan bro. and 2 ur further point bout the year of all years (a nod to our reality sandwich brethren) a 1st termers top priority is re-election soupy. the prisoners? that's what the hague is for, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court ) present a case agin em, let the chips fall where they may.


the shit clearly has worked?



how do you know?



how do you know it wasn't new episodes of the Office that kept us safe......from what I can tell, ever since the Office has been on tv, we have not been attacked........thank you Dwight Schrute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


way to dodge the question soup, did u learn it from huffington?

ps-the new rules lasted what, a week? : http://fcw.com/articles/2009/01/22/pogo-urges-lynn-withdrawal.aspx





we were attacked again.

32 plus people killed at Virgina Tech......strange how Gitmo didn't stop that isn't it?

again, the huffington training has paid off...not even addressing the Lynn issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
im just not down for his self promotion, he is a politician plain and simple. edicts like this are designed to influence the masses, not affect change.



so this is simply just Obama running for 2012?



what about the news that came out yesterday and is coming out today....about him closing down the so-called secret prisons and torture camps?

trying to close down GITMO.


that would be change would it not?


say what u want...but that shit clearly has worked. has the homeland been attacked by "terrorist" again? it's a war of cultures/religion with no real end, your man is on board leading the charge into afghanistan bro. and 2 ur further point bout the year of all years (a nod to our reality sandwich brethren) a 1st termers top priority is re-election soupy. the prisoners? that's what the hague is for, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Criminal_Court ) present a case agin em, let the chips fall where they may.


the shit clearly has worked?



how do you know?



how do you know it wasn't new episodes of the Office that kept us safe......from what I can tell, ever since the Office has been on tv, we have not been attacked........thank you Dwight Schrute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


way to dodge the question soup, did u learn it from huffington?

ps-the new rules lasted what, a week? : http://fcw.com/articles/2009/01/22/pogo-urges-lynn-withdrawal.aspx





we were attacked again.

32 plus people killed at Virgina Tech......strange how Gitmo didn't stop that isn't it?

again, the huffington training has paid off...not even addressing the Lynn issue.



That link is blocked on my end. sorry dude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - huffingtonpost is blocked now too. Corp has installed a new filter program.....ugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djy



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 3930
Location: Behind the decks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“It seems as if the Obama administration took five steps forward with its order on openness, transparency and ethics, but when you look how it is going to be applied, if it is riddled with lobbyists who have received waivers, it has pretty much made the ban toothless."


I would expect this nomination to be pulled!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transponder



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 5890
Location: Erotic City

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work jk. But of course there is a back door!

Quote:
3 (a) The Director of the Office of Management and Budget, or his or her designee, in consultation with the Counsel to the President or his or her designee, may grant to any current or former appointee a written waiver of any restrictions contained in the pledge signed by such appointee if, and to the extent that, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, or his or her designee, certifies in writing (i) that the literal application of the restriction is inconsistent with the purposes of the restriction, or (ii) that it is in the public interest to grant the waiver. A waiver shall take effect when the certification is signed by the Director of the Office of Management and Budget or his or her designee.

(b) The public interest shall include, but not be limited to, exigent circumstances relating to national security or to the economy. De minimis contact with an executive agency shall be cause for a waiver of the restrictions contained in paragraph 3 of the pledge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thts my point, if this was change and not SOP then there would be no back door. he knew who he had to squeeze thru, before he made this obviously worthless edict
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enemigo



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 3503

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the waiver is very disappointing. the argument that he will recuse himself from matters involving raytheon doesn't cut it. that'd be like half of his job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enemigo wrote:
the waiver is very disappointing. the argument that he will recuse himself from matters involving raytheon doesn't cut it. that'd be like half of his job.




we have a winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transponder



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 5890
Location: Erotic City

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up for the "Light of Day" treatment......KARL ROVE!!! COME ON DOWN!!

Quote:
House Judiciary Chairman Subpoenas Karl Rove
The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee said the ongoing legal battle to get Rove and other former Bush administration aides to testify may have success with a new president in the White House.


The House Judiciary Committee chairman subpoenaed former White House adviser Karl Rove on Monday to testify about the Bush administration's firing of nine U.S. attorneys and its prosecution of a former Democratic governor.

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., said the ongoing legal battle to get Rove and other former Bush administration aides to testify may have success with a new president in the White House.

Former President George W. Bush upheld Rove and two other senior aides who asserted they did not have to testify before Congress about their actions in the White House.

The legal dispute between the executive and legislative branches of government is before a federal appeals court.

Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, did not return phone messages seeking comment.

The subpoena commanded Rove to appear on Feb. 2 for a deposition on the U.S. attorney firings and the prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat.

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey named a special prosecutor in September to investigate whether former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, other Bush administration officials or Republicans in Congress should face criminal charges in the firings of the U.S. attorneys.

The inquiry followed the recommendation of internal Justice Department investigators who concluded that, despite administration denials, political considerations played a part in the firings of as many as four of the federal prosecutors. Conyers wants to know what role Rove played in the dismissals.

Siegelman has alleged his prosecution was pushed by Republicans, including Rove. The former governor was convicted on bribery and other charges and was sentenced to more than seven years in prison. He was released early, when a federal appeals court ruled his appeal raised "substantial questions."

Conyers said in a statement that times have changed.

He said Bush's position of "absolute immunity" was "rejected by U.S. District Judge John Bates and President Obama has previously dismissed the claim as 'completely misguided,"' Conyers said.

"I have said many times that I will carry this investigation forward to its conclusion, whether in Congress or in court, and today's action is an important step along the way.

"Change has come to Washington, and I hope Karl Rove is ready for it. After two years of stonewalling, it's time for him to talk."

Last July, Bates rejected Bush's contention that senior White House advisers are immune from subpoenas, siding with Congress' power to investigate the executive branch.

Conyers also has sought testimony from former White House Counsel Harriet Miers, and ex-White House chief of staff Josh Bolten -- although only Rove was named in the new subpoena.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transponder wrote:
Nice work jk. But of course there is a back door!




I saw a clip the other day of Robert Gates saying that it was him that wanted this pick. Seems like a reasonable exception to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jkfunkee___



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Posts: 5788

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:
transponder wrote:
Nice work jk. But of course there is a back door!




I saw a clip the other day of Robert Gates saying that it was him that wanted this pick. Seems like a reasonable exception to me.


LOL...there are no exceptions to ethics my friend, that is the point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thesouphead



Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Posts: 15214

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
transponder wrote:
Nice work jk. But of course there is a back door!




I saw a clip the other day of Robert Gates saying that it was him that wanted this pick. Seems like a reasonable exception to me.


LOL...there are no exceptions to ethics my friend, that is the point.


there are always exceptions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
transponder



Joined: 18 Mar 2003
Posts: 5890
Location: Erotic City

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thesouphead wrote:
jkfunkee___ wrote:
Thesouphead wrote:
transponder wrote:
Nice work jk. But of course there is a back door!




I saw a clip the other day of Robert Gates saying that it was him that wanted this pick. Seems like a reasonable exception to me.


LOL...there are no exceptions to ethics my friend, that is the point.


there are always exceptions.


Gates IS an exception. He's the only holdover from the BA. But jk has a valid point indeed. The Secretary of the Treasury, or the guy who oversees the IRS, forgot how to pay his fucking taxes! That is downright ridiculous! (But then again, so is much of the U.S. tax system) LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot add events in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
 
home  |  features  |  events  |  reviews  |  dj charts  |  forum  |  my lunar  |  links  |  about us  |  contact