Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atlanta Elects a NEW MAYOR in 33 Days -Candidate Sites Added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you got that he moved from, can't find any evidence and also seems like it would be highly against his tax and political positions. He did mention that he would not partake in the mayoral race due to family reasons.

The last hour of his show is still Atlanta-only from what I understand.
Christian Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner wrote:

Think harder and stop guessing. Pick a capitol project and tell me something I don't know about it. Watershed is mandated by the EPA so there isn't much we can do with that other than get the State to pay for the half they said they would when it was handed down 12 years ago.

Dude, the company I work for does work for the City. I am not going to go into detail because that simply would not make sense to do so. I am not going to air my company's business simply to correct your notion that I don't know what I am talking about.

I'll just say that my company currently has a $14mm contract that is paid by Watershed and we have done probably another $12mm for the parks and rec department over the past 2 years.

Don't tell me that I am guessing. I am in it everyday.
Christian Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner wrote:
I don't care how much corruption you think you are going to clear out or how much waste you think there is you can't have 500,000 people support the needs of the 1.5 Million who use this City every day.

Use the City? More like the other way around... Those people are the ones who keep it moving. They are still paying 8% sales tax when they are in town (compared to 6% in Cobb and Gwinnett), not to mention the building they work in still is a property to be taxed. What exactly do you think they are "using" that isn't being paid for?

Quote:
If you work in the city, it is a better financial move to move outside of it for that very reason. People aren't idiots. We need to incent people to move here and we can't do so if we are the fucking Mule of the Metro Area.

I work in Woodstock and live in the City. So, should Woodstock be trying to think of ways to make me pay them more since I am using them?

Quote:
The picture of corruption is painted by the people who have really pulled the wool over our eyes.

BS. Believe what you want Turner - but I work in the industry and there is most certainly a "good ole boy" network. Not to mention the whole MBE/FBE policy that increases the cost of construction by atleast 5% - 10%.

Quote:
We also pay Fulton County just as much as we pay Atlanta yet nobody has brought that up. CM you could cut out 1/2 the taxes we pay if you could find a way to remove the redundant services that Fulton provides.

Now that sounds like a GREAT idea. Thats a direction that makes more sense to me.

Quote:
You can be proud to know that no other City in this country has been issued as aggressive a mandate we have been given and none have met every deadline put forth like we have. Our Watershed program is the most sophisticated one in the Nation.

We were issued an aggressive mandate because we were in violation! Fixing your shit infrastructure isn't exactly the best thing to be proud of. Watershed is indeed in a mandate - and it sucks that it had to come to that since City Hall East's basement gets flooded with sewage everytime it rains. And shit, even with the mandate I don't think anything would have been done if they weren't trying to sell City Hall East to a developer.

Where did you get your info about Watershed being the most sophisticated in the nation? I have never heard that and I think that is something that I would. Shit, Atlanta doesn't even have a legal water source...

Now the Clayton County Watershed Authority does in fact receive national awards for its system - and it is a shitload more sophisticated than ATL's.

I do have a mea culpa in that the City has indeed cut way back on the number of employees from when it was growing faster than the City. That being said, I still would not vote for any candidate that cannot see the waste in City Hall. And I definitely would never vote for one of Maynard Jackson's cronies.
Turner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we are literally talking.

8% Sales Tax would be grate if the 1.5 million were coming here to shop but they aren't. They come to work and go home. After a 2 hour commute nobody wants to come back into the City. The commuters actually prevent us from getting any significant sources of Sales Revenue cause they clog our streets and nobody wants to come here.

Those folks use Water, the Police, Fire, OUR ROADS. When Cobb county refuses to extend Marta to their area and then clog our streets and thus our Side streets. They prevent commerce from coming here. We have solutions and we can't implement them.

Marta has money just sitting there doing nothing for expansion and they still go bankrupt every year because they have nowhere to expand. The state holds the Capitol improvements fund hostage. We voluntarily subsidize Marta operations as residents. There is something very wrong about that and it's not Marta's fault but everyone thinks it is.
Naw man, I think I'm gonna stay. Stab yourself.
Turner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark Howard may still live in Atlanta. I don't know why I thought he had moved but I remember being pissed off when I heard it. I remember him doing a report from New York when his syndication started and I was like why the fuck are you in New York dude.

If he is still here then he is being a total puss for not running. He would win in a landslide. I'm at work but if somebody wants to drum up his email let's blast it.
Asm0deus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner wrote:
If he is still here then he is being a total puss for not running.

Slow your roll for a second, and turn your thinky-hole back on...

Now grasp the MONUMENTAL decrease in daily life happiness and even more substantial plummet in pay grade. That's not being a pussy -- that's called enjoying a well-earned "good life."

Then there's the even more basic idea that hasn't been explored: Who says he gives a fuck in the first place?
Turner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He obviously gives a fuck. He wants to help people financially.

Rather than do it one jerk at a time he could save the entire City he has cut his teeth on in one fell swoop.

He could retire once more.

If we were a village and he had the only knife and he stood around all day playing with his pecker while people were getting mauled by space aliens you might give a shit Jeff.

I'm just sayin...
whytopersist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,my first time to come here.

Coach outlet | Coach Handbags | Coach Bags
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Politics and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: