Links and Stuff About US Contact Lunar
Welcome to Lunar Magazine
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sliced from heroine thread

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Lunar Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda wrote:
Allen Allert wrote:
Heroin Chic contest is a SATIRE...

Your contest may be satire, but heroin chic itself is not satire at all. Heroin chic sends a message that using heroin is "glamorous" and "sexy."

In the nineties, heroin chic was prevalent in fashion photography, but the reality is that people died, people, who worked in the fashion world died, who struggled with heroin use and needed help. Instead, they made money off of it.

As people in those images died, it became obvious that heroin is not sexy, glamorous, or cool. You do not need to glamorize addiction to sell art.

Clinton himself said, "[heroin chic] is not creative. It's destructive. It's not beautiful. It is ugly. And this is not about art. It's about life and death. And glorifying death is not good for any society."

Clinton also said that society can't take a tough attitude toward illegal drugs "and on the other hand, send a very different message every time there might be a little money to be made out of it."

How can you expect people to see that contest as satire, when they see the type of accolades it brings as the winner of it? Who wants to win the contest for making fun of genuinely sick people?

To me that seems crass and insensitive of you, but that is only one person's opinion.

I am sure it will be a fun night.

Settle the fuck down. Why do you have to take everything to its extreme? Are you REALLY that offended that Allen is having an event with the theme of a legitimate fashion trend? The next time someone throws a "Toga Party" are you going to bring up how awful the Roman Empire was? The fed people to lions!! How could you glamorize that!??!!

Here is the solution to your problem: If you don't like it, don't fucking go. You don't have to berate the man for his party theme. Besides this tirade seems a bit ironic, and even more so hypocritical, coming from someone who thinks cigarettes are sexy, and has plenty of pictures of herself smoking them in a seductive manner.
Atlanta, GA
http://www.facebook.com/djmjatl
http://www.twitter.com/MJofKingdom

Last edited by mj on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
mj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen Allert wrote:

Yes sir,
I did mean Heroin Chic. Thanks.

Cool man. Just making sure. I will try and stop by if I can. It will be good to see you again.
Atlanta, GA
Amanda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj wrote:
...coming from someone who thinks cigarettes are sexy, and has plenty of pictures of herself smoking them in a seductive manner....

You of all people should know that there is nothing chic about heroin.

One of the most ridiculous accusations! Your accusation is so ridiculous, I cannot seriously provide a defense because I am laughing so hard. Pictures or STFU!

Ask my boyfriend (if you dare) what I really think about cigarettes.

And yes, I really am offended because I obviously wrote about it.

The article that I quote above is from former President Bill Clinton, whose remarks were prompted by a New York Times story about the fatal drug overdose of Davide Sorrenti, 20, a fashion photographer, and the use of models in drugged stupor-like poses in some fashion magazines.

Last edited by Amanda on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
mj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda wrote:
mj wrote:
...coming from someone who thinks cigarettes are sexy, and has plenty of pictures of herself smoking them in a seductive manner....

You of all people should know that there is nothing chic about heroin.

One of the most ridiculous accusations! Your accusation is so ridiculous, I cannot seriously provide a defense because I am laughing so hard. Pictures or STFU!

Ask my boyfriend (if you dare) what I really think about cigarettes.

If I dare? Hhahahhahaha!! Tell your boyfriend to come tell me to "STFU" whenever he likes. I don't have any pictures of you anymore. But I used to, and in several of them you were smoking and posing with the cigarette. What you think now about cigarettes may have changed from what you used to think about cigarettes. Either way your point here is moot. If you don't like the theme of the party, don't go. Its a simple as that.
Atlanta, GA
Amanda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj wrote:
I don't have any pictures of you anymore.

And that is well indeed.
mj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda wrote:

And that is well indeed.

Unlike your mental stability.
Atlanta, GA
poobah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

MJ, I don't believe that Amanda was trying to make Allen feel bad about his event. She provided some well thought out points and he replied.

As you'll note, neither of them called each other
names or threatened the other.
You could learn something from that. Wink
(And I think I have enough credibility to say this)

Wow, it's funny how within just a few posts, someone with far more intellect has managed to reduce you to a 3 year old.

So why the need to continually assert yourself as some sort of ruffian?
mj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poobah wrote:
Quote:

MJ, I don't believe that Amanda was trying to make Allen feel bad about his event. She provided some well thought out points and he replied.

As you'll note, neither of them called each other
names or threatened the other.
You could learn something from that. Wink
(And I think I have enough credibility to say this)

Wow, it's funny how within just a few posts, someone with far more intellect has managed to reduce you to a 3 year old.

So why the need to continually assert yourself as some sort of ruffian?

Wait. Who are you again? Oh yeah I forgot. Nobody. I AM a "ruffian" homeboy. You can come find out whenever you want. Oh yeah thats right "you hate to go out" and feel "out of place" when you do, so I will probably never see you anyway.

I didn't call your girl any name or threaten her either. I don't know where that came from. I just called her on her bullshit. Like I always do. So who looks like a 3 year old again? Go get fucked. Lamer.
Atlanta, GA
Amanda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj wrote:
Wait. Who are you again?

That is no concern of yours.

mj wrote:
I AM a "ruffian" homeboy.

No doubt that you are one!

mj wrote:
You can come find out whenever you want.

Thanks for the invitation!

mj wrote:
I just called her on her bullshit.

Your rebuttal is duly noted.
mj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda wrote:
mj wrote:
Wait. Who are you again?

That is no concern of yours.

mj wrote:
I AM a "ruffian" homeboy.

No doubt that you are one!

mj wrote:
You can come find out whenever you want.

Thanks for the invitation!

mj wrote:
I just called her on her bullshit.

Your rebuttal is duly noted.

Will you please shut the fuck up already Amanda? No concern of mine? Nobody cares. You and your man are complete lames that nobody gives a fuck about no matter what you keep telling yourselves. Thats why your bullshit ACIDPro remix doesn't even have 70 views on here, and only one comment. You cant even decide who you are, or what you want to do with your life from one day to the next. You change your complete personality by what best suits whatever position you happen to be in that minute. Thats why almost everyone of your freinds has abandoned you. Meanwhile, I have had the same friends for decades. So who is the one with a problem? Certainly not me. You need to look in the mirror before you get fucking high and mighty with anyone any more. You sit in judgment of everyone and everything yet are one of the biggest fuckups in history. Fuck off.

Heres something you may relate to more:

Quote:
Matthew 7: 3-5

"Why do you observe the splinter in your brother's eye and never notice the log in our own? How dare you say to your brother, "let me take the splinter out of your eye", when all the time there is a log in your own? Hypocrite! Take the log out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother's eye."

You are fucking laughable.

This all started by me pointing out how ridiculous your faux outrage at Allen's party theme was. If you guys want to make it personal, with me (which you of all people should know better than to do) that is a debate I am willing to have anytime, anywhere.

This is nothing to me but more views for my boy's party. Dumbass.
Atlanta, GA
Amanda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj wrote:
Nobody cares. You and your man are complete lames that nobody gives a fuck about no matter what you keep telling yourselves.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I am sure that you speak for the entire world when you mean, "nobody."

mj wrote:
Thats why your bullshit ACIDPro remix doesn't even have 70 views on here, and only one comment.

Actually, it has 77 views for the moment, and 2 comments, from people, whom I respect in our scene, Ryan and Matt. It's nice that you took the time to notice it.

mj wrote:
You cant even decide who you are, or what you want to do with your life from one day to the next.

I believe that people evolve as they experience life and make decisions about what to do with themselves accordingly. What my experiences are and decisions are is no concern of yours.

mj wrote:
You change your complete personality by what best suits whatever position you happen to be in that minute.

You think you know me, but you do not.

mj wrote:
Thats why almost everyone of your freinds has abandoned you.

You know nothing of my friends either.

mj wrote:
Meanwhile, I have had the same friends for decades. So who is the one with a problem? Certainly not me.

It's nice to see that you are confident.

mj wrote:
You need to look in the mirror before you get fucking high and mighty with anyone any more. You sit in judgment of everyone and everything yet are one of the biggest fuckups in history.

I believe that mistakes are critical to growth. If we do not make mistakes, then we never learn about ourselves, or the world in which we live.

mj wrote:
Here's something you may relate to more:

Quote:
Matthew 7: 3-5

"Why do you observe the splinter in your brother's eye and never notice the log in our own? How dare you say to your brother, "let me take the splinter out of your eye", when all the time there is a log in your own? Hypocrite! Take the log out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother's eye."

I have made no personal attack on you, nor judged you here. Reread the thread. I agreed with your own statement about yourself. I acknowledged your criticism and thanked you for your kind invitation.

mj wrote:
You are fucking laughable.

I believe that you have cast enough jugement upon me in your response to reread the verse. Matthew is my favorite book by the way, good choice.

mj wrote:
This all started by me pointing out how ridiculous your faux outrage at Allen's party theme was.

Thanks for the recap champ!

mj wrote:
If you guys want to make it personal, with me (which you of all people should know better than to do) that is a debate I am willing to have anytime, anywhere.

You make it abundantly clear that you want to make it personal. I however, am not of the same opinion and I politely decline your offer.

mj wrote:
This is nothing to me but more views for my boy's party. Dumbass.

I am happy for your friend's party - Allen seems as though he is at least willing to intellectually debate a topic.

Now please leave me alone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LunarMagazine.com Forum Index -> Lunar Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: